Ibn Sina (Avicenna) (Persian: 980 – June 1037 CE), commonly known in the West as Avicenna, was a polymath who is regarded as one of the most significant physicians, astronomers, philosophers, and writers of the Islamic Golden Age and the father of early modern medicine. Of the 450 works he is believed to have written, around 240 have survived, including 150 on philosophy and 40 on medicine. His most famous works are The Book of Healing, a philosophical and scientific encyclopedia, and The Canon of Medicine, a medical encyclopedia which became a standard medical text at many medieval universities and remained in use as late as 1650. Besides philosophy and medicine, Avicenna's corpus includes writings on astronomy, alchemy, geography and geology, psychology, Islamic theology, logic, mathematics, physics, and works of poetry.

Frequently Asked Question

How can I transfer my unfinished education courses in my country to Iranian universities and complete them?
Answer: After receiving admission and enrollment, your university and the relevant academic department will explore the matching of course units.
What are the duration of B.Sc., M.Sc., and Ph.D. courses in Iran?
Answer: The expected duration of education in the B.Sc. program is four years, M.Sc. in two years, and Ph.D. in four years. Extending the education period is possible by paying the tuition fees and with the university’s approval.
Is it possible to pursue education in languages other than Persian?
Answer: Answer: In some Iranian universities, it is possible to study in English at the master’s and doctoral levels.
Is it necessary to present a Persian language certificate for admission?
Answer: You can apply without a Persian language certificate. If you are not fluent in Persian, you can attend Persian language learning courses after entering Iran and then start your studies.
Since most academic courses are offered in Persian, applicants must learn Persian. Considering the fact that the Iranians speak in Persian and do not have a good command of English, you are thus recommended to be conversant in Persian language at A2 level so that you don’t have problems living in this country, even if you are studying computer and programming, which are presented in English. If you aim to work in Iran after graduation, you should know that Persian is the only language of Iran’s job market. Applicants knowing the Persian language can have job offers from other Persian-speaking countries, because Persian is also spoken in the labor market of these countries.
How can I apply for educational funding?
Answer: There are two funding programs for the applicants: university scholarships and Ministry of Science Research and Technology scholarships. If you meet the required scientific criteria, you will be granted type A (including educational and living costs) or type B (educational costs exclusive) scholarships. You can directly apply for a university scholarship before or after admission.
Are students allowed to work during the education period?
Answer: Yes. As in many countries, students are given limited work permits.
What are the required documents for visa application?
Answer: 1. Scan of a 3*4 photo; 2. Scan of first passport page; 3. Completing the worksheet provided by university consular services.
How can I apply for a family visa?
Answer: After receiving your student visa, you can apply for your family (wife and children) visa.
Can I apply to all of the universities?
Answer: You can apply to universities that permit accepting international students. The following Link presents the approved universities.
Do scholarship and non-scholarship students benefit from health insurance during their education?
Answer: Yes. Students and their families can use health insurance services.
Are visa or residence permits required for admission to online courses?
Answer: No. It is not mandatory; however, a visa is required if you intend to travel to Iran to participate in tests or attend classes.
How can I apply for a scholarship?
Answer: Applicants can get two types of scholarships: scholarships offered by university scholarships and scholarships offered by the MSRT. If you are academically qualified, you will be given A-type scholarship (covering living and education expenses) or a B-type scholarship (only including education expenses). You can apply directly for the universities scholarships before or after receiving the university admission.
Do students have access to dormitories?
Answer: Most Iranian universities have dormitories for single and married students, which you can use by paying small fees. There are more dormitories available for single students.